Spike sorting software
Please use the new version of MountainSort.
Which version to use?
Depending on your situation, you will want to use one of the following two versions of MountainSort/MountainLab:
Option 1. The old (and now frozen) version.
For documentation and installation instructions for the old version of MountainSort, MountainLab, and related tools, please visit MountainSort on Read the Docs.
Option 2. The new version, under active development
Here is a list of pros and cons for the two methods, which can help you decide which to use.
Pros of option 1:
- Relatively complete documentation and tutorial
- Install via apt (ppa) if on Ubuntu 16.04
Cons of option 1:
- Will no longer have bug fixes
- Sorting algorithm not optimized for large electrode arrays
- Does not run on Mac
Pros of option 2
- Better implementation of MountainSort -- can handle large electrode arrays
- More portable -- install on any Linux flavor or Mac
- Integration with python and JupyterLab
- Active bug fixes
- Cleaner code base, ultimately better documentation, and overall better software.
Cons of option 2
- It is under development
So, in summary, which one should you use?
Answer: ultimately you'll want to go with option 2.
Note: Many of the components between the two options can be mixed and matched. But I don't want to make the docs too confusing.