Clone this wiki locally
Planning and design pages for Flathub, a build and distribution service for Flatpak.
Long writeup with background and motivation: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg-app/2016-August/000378.html
- Allow developers to build their apps using an online service
- Allow developers to conveniently distribute their apps without having to maintain their own repository
- Allow users to find all the latest Flatpak apps from one place
- Provide users with a trusted source for apps: no malicious apps, expectation that all apps are official and from the application author.
- How many machines / vms do we need for this ?
- How much bandwidth do we expect this will need ?
- Do we need per-user quotas and / or other mechanisms to prevent abuse ?
- Who do we need to contact for access to machines ? Alex knows the current build machines for flatpak / continuous
- What about ongoing monitoring / maintenance ? How does this work for continuous and the current flatpak build infrastructure ?
- Source branches will be named source/APP_ID/BRANCH
- json files should be required to be named APP_ID.json
Build system considerations
- vms per user ? per build ?