Qlik Sense Analytic Extension for Security
This is an example/PoC to show how server side extensions can be used to extend the scripting of Qlik Sense with aditional security functions to protect customer information. This is done with a Analytic Extension that will surface security functions to Qlik Sense to be used in scripts and expressions to protect data. Examples of functions exposed is
- AES Encryption/Decryption function
- Format preserving encryption/decryption
- Industry hash function
- Download the code and unzip into folder
- Update the config.js file with appropriate configuration. For testing, changes are not needed.
node serverfrom the root folder
- If successfull you should get
grpc server running on port: 0.0.0.0:50050
Now the server is running and the next step is to set it up in Qlik Sense (example here is for enterprise version)
- Go to the QMC and select
- Create New
- Give it a name,
- Add host where the node code was deployed
- As this is for demo/PoC purposes authenticated encypted connection is not used hence not need to add
Certificate file pathbut this should be used in production to protect information.
- Restart the engine
Debug information can be found in the engine logs.
Next step now is to use it. Easiest way to test is to create an app and use the script supplied in example_script.txt to test out the functionality.
- Added support for getting multiple rows from the script. This improves performance considerable for larger data sets.