This is some code I wrote during 2005.
gen-docheck is a useful tool for the gentoo italian translation team. gen-dockeck compares the version number of english document and italian translation.
In this way you can watch the status of one or more guides, keeping the translations updated.
- mail notification support (straight to guide's translator or to a specified address)
- filter guides using regular expressions
- perl module LWP::Simple (under debian is provided by libwww-perl)
- perl module Net::SMTP
- perl module Getopt::Long (usually available by default with all perl installation)
- perl module Pod::Usage (usually available by default with all perl installation)
gen-docheck [--help] [--man] [--config configuration file] for more informations read the man page:
gen-docheck support also configuration files.
This is an example:
You can automate gen-docheck adding it to cron.
Here's an example:
0 10 * * 0 /home/micron/gen\-docheck/gen\-docheck.pl --config /home/micron/gen\-docheck/gen\-docheck.conff
In this way you'll run gen-docheck every sunday at 10:00 AM