django-robinson demo project
This is a demo project for the django-robinson application. Note that this project comes with no guarantee and is meant as a demonstration of a use of django-robinson. A live demo will be deployed online in the near future.
These are the features that are planned for future versions, in order of priority:
- Upon a click on a marker, change its color until another marker is clicked on
- Center the map to show the most markers when the page is initially loaded
- Color code the accuracy
- Add the ability to search for photos by tag
- Run a live version with admin access
- This project has been developped with Django 1.3 in mind. Running the project with Django < 1.3 may cause the Moon to burst in flames. No kidding.
- The installation instructions cover the requirements for the project as well as the django-robinson application.
- Use the requirements.txt file with pip to install the dependencies. Note that one of them requires manual installation. See requirements.txt for more information.
- Run the project either with python manage.py runserver or through mod_wsgi, for instance.
The following variables found in the included settings.py have to be set or updated before you can run the project:
Also, you should consider updating the values for the Constance app in the admin site.