Inspired by the Star Alliance screensaver, which sadly has been discontinued for some years now, I decided to write my own air traffic screensaver now. The screensaver will display flights from/to Frankfurt International Airport upon an earth image as shown above.
- No actual routes will be displayed, the shown flight path is the shortest (great circle) path between two airports.
- Only scheduled operations will be shown. In the initial release static data (not current) will be used.
- Stopovers will not be considered.
- Online update of program binaries
- Daily updated flight data
- Realtime (not accelerated) display
- Show day/night terminator
- Colour selection
Currently, there is only a Windows version available. An xscreensaver plugin for Linux users is in progress. As of now, I cannot tell when a Mac version will be available.