Azure Reserved Instances Recommendation Policy Template
NOTE: These RI Purchase Recommendations are generated by Microsoft Azure. This policy is will raise incidents based on those recommendations.
As a best practice, this policy should only be applied to the Master Account, and not to each individual RightScale Account.
What it does
This Policy Template leverages the Azure EA API. It will raise incidents if Azure has any RI Purchase Recommendations, whose net savings exceeds the Net Savings Threshold parameter in the Policy.
It will email the user specified in
Email addresses of the recipients you wish to notify
- The following RightScale Credentials
AZURE_EA_KEY- the Azure EA key for the enrollment being checked
This policy has the following input parameters required when launching the policy.
- Enrollment ID - the Azure EA enrollment ID
- Look Back Period - Specify the number of days of past usage to analyze.
- Net Savings Threshold - Specify the minimum Net Savings that should result in an RI purchase recommendation
- Email addresses to notify - A list of email addresses to notify
The following policy actions are taken on any resources found to be out of compliance.
- Send an email report
This Policy Template does not launch any instances, and so does not incur any cloud costs.