Inactive Users - Okta
As a best practice, this policy should only be applied to the Master Account, and not to each individual RightScale Account.
What it does
This Policy Template leverages the Okta Users API to identify users that have not logged in for an extended period of time, and optionally will deactivate those users upon approval.
- This Policy Template requires an Okta API Token to authenticate with the Okta API. This tutorial describes how to create a new Token.
- The Okta API Token must then be stored as a RightScale Credential in the account in which this policy will be applied. The credential must be named
- This policy will target a specific Okta organization
This policy has the following input parameters required when launching the policy.
- Okta Organization Name - The name of your Okta Organization. For example, if you navigate to https://contoso.okta.com to login to Okta, the value in this parameter would be
- Number of Days Since Last Login - The number of days that a user has not logged in to Okta, which should raise an incident.
- Email addresses to notify - A list of email addresses to notify
Required RightScale Roles
This Policy Template does not incur any cloud costs.