The Social Links plugin adds a widget and shortcode to your WordPress website allowing you to display icons linking to your social profiles. The new version includes the following social networks:
We've also added support for a shortcode (
[the-social-links]) for use in WordPress posts and pages and a custom template tag (
<?php the_social_links();?>) for use in template files.
The Social Links is translation ready!
Installation via WordPress Dashboard:
- Navigate to Plugins->Add New
- Search for "The Social Links" and click "Install Now"
- Click “Settings” or browse to the "The Social Links" once you have installed the plugin to configure your social network links.
- Go to your widgets and add the "The Social Links" widget to your sidebar, add the shortcode (
[the-social-links]) in your posts and pages or add the custom template tag (
<?php the_social_links();?><?php the_social_links();?>) in your template files.
- Added more social networks
- Removed escaping of widget output
- Fixed a bug that prevent the widgets from loading.
- Fixed readme.txt
- Removed '_' when there shouldn't have been one.
- Notify users that support is now done on Github.
- Fixed static function error on shortcode
- Released quality code (according to WordPress Coding Standards)
- Added unit testing