WORK IN PROGRESS!
Command line music player.
Small, does what I needed. Fully searchable. Cool shortcuts. Cmd-tab, tell it something, cmd-tab again.
- OSX / Linux
- Picky 4.8+ (see below)
- ID3 tags on your songs help the search tremendously
- Install Ruby 1.9 (on Linux: Add ruby1.9.1-dev)
- Install id3tool (on OSX: brew install id3tool)
- Install sox (only on Linux, http://sox.sourceforge.net/)
- gem install picky highline clamp cod
- git clone git://github.com/floere/playa.git
- cd playa
- (a) ./bin/playa '~/optional/pattern/*/*/*.mp3'
- (b) ./bin/playa ~/optional/directory/with/mp3s
(Eventually playa will be a gem)
- result history
- more interfaces (web etc.)