The #StayTheFuckHome Website
A Movement to Stop the COVID-19 Pandemic
Our governments are failing us in preventing the spread of SARS-CoV-2 and containing the COVID-19 pandemic. Slow reactions, public appeasement policies, and their urge to stabilize the economy are keeping them from taking the measures it takes to protect millions from this disease. It is time for us, as citizens of this earth, to take action now and do our part in fighting COVID-19.
Let's put it bluntly: Stay The Fuck Home!
The Self-Quarantine Manifesto
With no well-studied treatment and a viable vaccine still being out at least another year, the only effective way to keep the coronavirus epidemic at bay is to give the virus less chances of spreading. The following list of actions, ordered from easiest to implement to most effective in the fight against the pandemic, should serve as a set of loose guidelines for people who wish to join the movement and take action, where the people in charge continue to neglect.
- Don't panic, but be alert.
- Wash your hands often and practice good cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Try to touch your face as little as possible, including your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- Practice social distancing, no hugs and kisses, no handshakes, no high fives. If you must, use safer alternatives.
- Do not attend concerts, stage plays, sporting events, or any other mass entertainment events.
- Refrain from visiting museums, exhibitions, movie theaters, night clubs, and other entertainment venues.
- Stay away from social gatherings and events, like club meetings, religious services, and private parties.
- Reduce your amount of travel to a minimum. Don't travel long distances if not absolutely necessary.
- Do not use public transportation if not absolutely necessary.
- If you can work from home, work from home. Urge your employer to allow remote work if needed.
- Replace as many social interactions with remote alternatives like phone calls or video chat.
- Do not leave your home if not absolutely necessary.
Please keep in mind there is no right or wrong amount of actions to take. Only take the actions that you feel comfortable with and that do not endanger your livelihood. Do not quit your job over this! However, keep in mind that every action helps.
We are looking for people to help us translate the Website into the following languages:
How to contribute
- Fork/clone the repo.
- Create a copy of
site/index.njk, translate it into the corresponding language and save it under
- Add language into
site/globals/langs.jsonlike the other languages.
- To test in browser run
npm run dev.
- Create pull request.
- You can find example here.
The #StayTheFuckHome website is based on Skeleventy.