Global Game Jam 2018fluffy @
If you want me to make music for your GGJ 2018 game, open an issue on GitHub.
I used to be a software engineer (primarily graphics) working in interactive media, but I have quit my job to work on music, art, and indie game dev full-time.
I have a "band" called Sockpuppet, which is really just me pretending to be a bunch of people (thus the name). I also have a portfolio of audio works, and a personal site (mostly comics and photography).
You can hear my prior gamejam works over on my bandcamp; Off The Cusp and the ...Or Die Trying OST are both the products of weekend-long game jams, Novembeat 2016 and 2017 were song-a-day projects, and several of the songs off of Refactor started as Global Game Jam tracks.
A lot of my content is also Creative Commons-licensed; for the most part I use ccMixter to manage that content.
What I'm doing in GGJ 2018
Just as I did for GGJ 2015, 2016 and 2017, I would like to make music and/or sound for as many games as I am able to. All the music I am making for this jam is being posted to this github repo. You can also listen/download directly at https://ggj.metronomic.tk/
If you would like to request me to make a work for your project, please open an issue and tell me the following:
- The name of your game
- A link to the game's team page
- A brief description of the game and what sort of music you want (if you have a specific thing in mind)
- Any special requests (file format, separate layers for interactive mix, etc.)
As I start working on a project I will assign the issue to myself and hopefully keep you posted, and we can use the issue itself as a means of communicating on things. If it's definitely not something I can handle I'll resolve the issue WONTFIX. I will push the actual audio into this repository.
Specific requests will go into the
requests/ directory. I will also have a directory of generally-available stuff,
general/, which is a free for all (stuff that I'm just making for the heck of it to fill in time between requests, and I'll probably dig up some old unused stuff that might be good for games as well).
Also, if you would like to watch me work on music, I usually stream it on my Twitch channel, and my Twitch chat is a great way to interact with me while I work.
What to expect
I will do my best to make music that is good enough for a game jam game. :)
In return I expect the following, in addition to the Global Game Jam code of conduct:
- Content in
- The requester may use the music as part of their GGJ package as long as I receive a credit on the game.
- Others may use the music as well as long as they contact the original requesting team for permission first.
- Content in
- Anyone may use the music as part of their GGJ package as long as I receive a credit on the game.
- My GGJ username (for adding me to the game's jam page) is fluffy.
- Within the game and its supplemental text (README, website, etc.) I'd appreciate being credited as "j. shagam" with a link to at least one of http://metronomic.tk/, http://sockpuppet.us/, or http://beesbuzz.biz/ (but more than one would be even better).
Beyond Global Game Jam
All music published here is available under Creative Commons BY-NC, and thus can also be used in any GGJ game which is required to be BY-NC-SA. For commercially-available games (including commercial licensing of the original GGJ game), please get in touch with me to discuss licensing.
Also, please keep me in mind if you ever have an indie game that you want music and/or sounds for!