This is a list of all the dev branch commits that are considered "bad" and should not be released to a more stable channel. See Bad Build Identification for details on how to identify builds that should be listed here. See also the Changelog.
If you add a build to this list and master has not yet been fixed, please file a TODAY bug and link to it from here as well.
v1.7.6 - v1.7.11
WebView is sized (0,0) for some pages on Android (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/35291)
v1.7.6 - v1.7.7
flutter runyielded a significant amount of log spam (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/34876)
v1.7.0 - v1.7.5
- Applications built with
flutter build appbundleand
flutter build apkwill crash in add-to-app scenarios (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/34308).
- Any usage of platform views on Android results in a "reply already submitted" error (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/33866).
v1.6.1 - v1.6.7
- Android builds get stuck in the splash screen after deploying an APK from an app bundle (generated using
flutter build appbundle)
v1.5.8 - v1.6.2
- The analyzer suffers from a serious (>10%) performance regression. (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/32320)
v1.5.3 - v1.6.0
- When an iOS back swipe gesture is dropped exactly back at the starting edge of the screen, subsequent back swipes stop working (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/31471)
v1.5.2 - 1.5.8
- (minor) Engine crashes when confronted with some unconstrained layouts (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/31650)
v1.3.10 - 1.5.8
- Selection handles don't appear on iOS (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/31287)
v1.4.8 - v1.4.11
- Opacity layer's child transform matrix is not initialized (started from this engine roll), tracking issue: #30586. Fixed in https://github.com/flutter/engine/pull/8467 (rolled in https://github.com/flutter/flutter/commit/e09fc3574a8e4d243668c8f7b703378eca0bab24).
v1.4.0 - v1.4.8
- "Detected problems with API compatibility" dialog shows on Android P (started at https://github.com/flutter/flutter/commit/697a2a828fce98ec5cffd9dd2fdb34ccd200e38a), tracking issue: #30395. Fix was rolled at https://github.com/flutter/flutter/commit/d639883c5b72e6166c8241ab57114ea529f516a7.
- Error message for setting
PaintingBinding.shaderWarmuptoo late #30145 may cause diffs in some (racy?) driver tests.
flutter upgradewill stash changes in the user's project folder.
v1.3.9 - v.1.3.13
- Android Emulator renders a white screen on first frame or after resuming from background until interaction with app or hot reload/restart (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/29679)
- Android crash on FlutterView.getAccessibilityNodeProvider due to NPE (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/29203)
- Android crash on startup in FlutterView.sendLocalesToDart on API < 24 (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/28321)
v1.1.1 - v1.1.2
- Bad vector graphics caused by a Skia regression (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/25426)
v0.11.6 - v0.11.9
- Suffers from splash screen not loading propertly for iOS apps (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/24563)
v0.10.3 - v0.11.6
- Suffers from hot reload flakiness (https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/24400)
v0.10.0 - v0.11.1
- Workflows that require customizing the underlying
iosapps and newly created apps using
cupertino_iconsare broken by #22565.
- The colorScheme of ButtonTheme and minWidth of MaterialButton are not properly handled. See #22789, flutter/flutter#22880, and flutter/flutter#22919
- Copy/pasting broken on iOS in material apps, see #22624.
v0.9.5 - v0.9.6
- Upload to iOS app store is broken, see #22306.
v0.5.2 - v0.5.6
- Dart VM crashes on certain eval calls, see #18573.
- Windows-specific bug in which android_arm release/profile snapshots build with hardfp when they should use softfp, see #17387.
v0.3.1 - ???
- Accessibility on iOS is broken, see #16904.
v0.2.10 - v0.2.11, v0.3.0
- iOS release binary sizes are bloated with image encoding support. The fix required an API update to
Image.toByteData(). Since the API containing the image encoding was immediately changed, we don't want to release the bad API. #16537
- Android license status shows as "unknown" with certain Android SDK versions. #16228
v0.2.4 - v0.2.6
- Flutter tool invocation from xcode_backend.sh never exits. #15944
- Tooltip of FAB doesn't end up as semantics label of FAB #16063
- Crash when doing full restart that spawns an isolate. #15894
indicatorColordoesn't contrast with its background. #15958
v0.1.6 - v0.1.8
flutter testloads test forever when run with
v0.0.23 - v0.1.4
- Android Gallery gradle build fails on tagged commits without the
v0.1.1 - v0.1.2
- Contain Dart SDK version
2.0.0-dev.23.0, which suffers from dart-lang/sdk#32172 and manifests to the user as #14696.
- Suffer from #14751. They don't yet contain the change that unified the engine Dart SDK and the flutter tool Dart SDK, but these releases are prone to a different manifestation of the same problem with pub's version resolver checking the flutter tool's Dart SDK version and then running code against the engine Dart SDK version.
- Anecdotally, we've seen people complain more when using v0.0.22 than v0.0.21.