ESP8266 OBD2 Interface
This project is an implementation of an ESP8266 interface to a generic OBD2 device (https://hackaday.io/project/8438-ouobd2-esp8266obd-ii).
At this point, the code is mostly unfinished. It is able to talk to the OBD2 device and serves a webpage with websocket communication.
- Interface to OBD2 device
- Provide 2-way websocket communication to read/write device
- Keep custom configurations for vehicles, etc.
ESP8266 Arduino library
- ArduinoJson (https://github.com/bblanchon/ArduinoJson)
Hardware Programming and Operation
- use Arduino IDE or VSMicro to compile and upload code; my setup:
- /libraries directories in ../Arduino/libraries directory
- /ouobd2 files in a main project (../ouobd2) directory
use Arduino IDE with SPIFFS data tool to upload ../ouobd2/data
serial console output (Serial1) for debug/monitoring