Zen Coding for Gedit
A new way of writing HTML and CSS code for Gedit
Zen Coding is an editor plugin for high-speed HTML, XML, XSL (or any other structured code format) coding and editing. The core of this plugin is a powerful abbreviation engine which allows you to expand expressions—similar to CSS selectors—into HTML code.
This plugin fully integrates Zen Coding into Gedit.
Zen Coding isn't only a decent abbreviations expander but also a set of handy tools for common XHTML tasks. Read this page thoroughly for details. Note that almost every action highly depends on current caret position inside text editor.
With this plugin, you can:
- Expand abbreviation with
- Expand with abbreviation with
- Wrap with abbreviation with
- Balance tag inward or outward with
- Merge lines with
- Go to previous or next edit point with
- Update tag image size with
- Remove tag with
- Split or join tags with
- Toggle comment with
- Create your own abbreviations and snippets.
Shortcuts can be changed in
~/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/zencoding/plugin.py to fit your needs.
- Download zip or tar source and unpack it.
- In order to use "Update tag image size", install
- In Gedit, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Plugins to find and enable the plugin.
- Try it out!