MultiAgent Development Kit - MaDKit 5
MaDKit is an open source multiagent-based software written in Java.
MaDKit 5 is designed as a lightweight Java library for developing distributed applications and simulations using the multiagent paradigm.
- Artificial agents creation and life cycle management
- An organizational infrastructure for communication between agents, structuring the application
- High heterogeneity in agent architectures: No predefined agent model
- Multi-Agent based simulation and simulator authoring tools
- Multi-agent based distributed application authoring facilities
In contrast to conventional approaches, which are mostly agent-centered, MaDKit follows an organization-centered approach (OCMAS): There is no predefnied agent model in MaDKit.
Especially, MaDKit does not enforce any consideration about the internal structure of agents, thus allowing a developer to freely implements its own agent architectures.
So, MaDKit is built upon the AGR (Agent/Group/Role) organizational model: Agents play roles in groups and thus create artificial societies.
Programming with MaDKit
Programming with MaDKit can be done by either :
Downloading the zip distribution and using the provided jar file.
Declare MaDKit as a dependency using your favorite build tool : https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/io.github.fmichel/MaDKit
For instance, with Gradle:
JDK 8+ is required.
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Added some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request