This is an experimental project from Cocos2d-x, featuring 3D models in a 2d game.
Using Cocos2d-x 3.0 and the experimental Sprite3D.
The code of this project, Cocos2d-x, Sprite3D are all licensed under MIT
Musics are copyrighted by Matthew Pablo, and licensed under CC-BY 3.0
You may not use any art including 2d and 3d from this project for commercial purpose
This fork has replaced the audio with FMOD Studio events as a simple example of how to use the FMOD API.
Currently only the Win32 project has been setup and is dependent on external libraries available from the FMOD website.
- Download FMOD Studio API 1.05.xx from http://www.fmod.org/download
- Install the API to any location.
- Copy [fmod dir]/api/lowlevel/inc/* to cocos2d/external/fmod/include
- Copy [fmod dir]/api/studio/inc/* to cocos2d/external/fmod/include
- Copy [fmod dir]/api/lowlevel/lib/* to cocos2d/external/fmod/prebuilt/win32
- Copy [fmod dir]/api/studio/lib/* to cocos2d/external/fmod/prebuilt/win32
The Sprite3D code featured in this project can currently load static OBJ model.
to load a model:
auto model = Sprite3D::create("3dmodel.obj", "texture.png");
There is no lighting in Cocos2d-x yet. But To compliment that, we added built-in support for toon-shader, specifically, toon outline:
auto model = Sprite3D::create("3dmodel.obj", "texture.png"); model->setOutline(1.5, Color3B(0,0,0)); // set the outline to be 1.5 point wide, and black
3D API are available since Cocos2d-x 3.0 for all Nodes
node->setPosition3D(Vertex3F(x,y,z)); Vertex3F pos = node->getPosition3D(); node->setRotation3D(Vertex3F(x,y,z)); Vertex3F rot = node->getRotation3D(); //2d rotation is the same as rotating in z axis
3D API are also ported to some actions as well