This library/module was integrated into Lift core on version 2.5. I hope to write an upgrade doc soon, but in the meantime,
the file names you'll need to use are:
NamedCometActorSnippet.scala //have your snippet (the ones that adds the comet to the page) extend this NamedCometActorTrait.scala //have your comet class extend this NamedCometListener.scala //this is the singleton with useful methods to get the list of comet actors
This project is a library that aims at making the use of named comet actors in Lift a little easier.
On your lift project you can add the dependency as:
resolvers ++= Seq("snapshots" at "http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots", "releases" at "http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases") libraryDependencies ++= Seq("com.fmpwizard" %% "lift-named-comet" % "0.3")
For a sample project using this library visit: Lift Auction
You can read this blog post to which describes how to use it:: fmpwizard's blog
- You can have a CometActor of the same class, but different instances of it on different tabs.
- Only the CometActor that is going to update the Ui is going to get a message.
- You can send messages to a CometActor from other sessions (including stateless RESTful end points.
- When a CometActor has not been present on a page after a defined lifespan, it is removed from the central registry.
- Hides the whole implementation so the user can focus on the CometActor functionality.