ChRIS Status Updates Blog
If you would like to contribute a blog post to this repo:
- Write up your content in markdown: Go to the
_postsfolder and save your content markdown. You can do this straight in the github UI.
- Use the correct file naming format: Do note the post's name must start with a timestamp in the format
YYYY-MM-DD-followed by a name for the post. If you use just the date, the template system won't recognize the post.
- Add YAML 'front matter' metadata to the top of the post: The YAML itself is pretty self-explanatory; here is an example you can copy/paste and modify for your post:
--- layout: post title: "30 Jan Status - Local file upload in web UI" author: mo image: "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FNNDSC/status/master/assets/images/chris-file-select_30jan2020.png" ---
- Featured Posts: If you like a post to be featured on the "Featured" section on the top of the page, insert
featured:truein the YAML metadata at the top of your post's markdown file.
- Hide from 'All Stories' list:
categories: [ category1, category2]- the 'status' category will place it alongside our weekly status meeting posts.
tags: [tag1, tag2]
- Table of Contents:
beforetoc: "Markdown editor is a very powerful thing. In this article I'm going to show you what you can actually do with it, some tricks and tips while editing your post." toc: true
If you would like to set up a local copy of this website to test changes, etc. to it beyond adding posts:
git clone email@example.com:FNNDSC/website.git website-chrisproject cd website-chrisproject docker-compose up
Upstream Theme Info
We are using the Mediumish Jekyll theme developed by WOWthemes for this blog with some minor customizations. It is free under MIT license.