The following is a set of guidelines for contributing to any of our projects, which are hosted in the FolksWhoCode Organization on GitHub. Feel free to propose changes to this document in a pull request.
Table Of Contents
Code of Conduct and Values
How Can I Contribute?
When contributing to this repository, please first discuss the change you wish
to make via issue
Your First Contribution
You can start by looking through these
- [Beginner issues][beginner-friendly] — issues for less seasoned contributors.
- [Good first issue][good-first-issue] — an easy way to establish initial contact with our projects.
- [Help wanted issues][help-wanted] — issues which should be a bit more involved than
- Fill in the pull request template.
- Do not include issue numbers in the PR title
- Include screenshots and animated GIFs in your pull request whenever possible.
- End all files with a newline
Git Commit Messages
- Use the present tense ("Add feature" not "Added feature")
- Use the imperative mood ("Move cursor to..." not "Moves cursor to...")
- Limit the first line to 72 characters or less
- Reference issues and pull requests liberally after the first line