Fontello - icon font scissors
This tool lets you combine icon webfonts for your own project. With fontello you can:
- shrink glyph collections, minimizing font size
- merge symbols from several fonts into a single file
- access large sets of professional-grade open source icons
Fontello allows easy scripting, to implement different convenient features:
- Open site from command line, with your configuration, and import edited project
- Makefile example. That's a live working code, used for development of fontello itself.
- Writing website plugins, to import/export icons via admin panel.
When more examples available, those will be added here.
POST https://fontello.com/creates a session with your config and return you
session_id. You can use it later to open fontello with your configuration and to automatically download your font. Session is stored for 24h. POST params (form-encoded):
config- (Required) content of
config.jsonfor your font
url- (Optional) if used, download button will link to your admin panel, where you can run importing script.
https://fontello.com/[session_id]- opening fontello with your config preloaded. When you edit font, your config is automatically sent to server
https://fontello.com/[session_id]/get- download your font.
Note. When you open site via API url,
download button will have another text.
- Makefile - quick load iconic font from your project via CLI & save result back.
- fontello-cli - the same, as above,
but written in
node.js. If you don't like
fontello-cliis for you :)
- fontello_rails_converter - Ruby CLI gem for interacting with the API. Additional features (Sass conversion) for Rails integration, but should work for every project.
- grunt-fontello - lightweight integration with grunt
- Roman Shmelev (shmelev).
- Vitaly Puzrin (puzrin).
- Aleksey Zapparov (ixti).
- Evgeny Shkuropat (shkuropat).
- Vladimir Zapparov (dervus).
- Alex Kocharin (rlidwka).
Fontello's code (all files, except fonts) is distributed under MIT license. See LICENSE file for details.
Embedded fonts are distributed under their primary licenses (SIL OFL / CC BY / CC BY-SA). See fonts info on fontello website for credits & links to homepages. This info is also included in generated font archives for your convenience (see LICENSE.txt file).
Generated fonts are intended for web usage, and should not be considered/distributed as independent artwork. Consider fontello a "font archiver" and credit original font creators according to their respective license.
Crediting fontello is not required :)