Fontello - icon font scissors
This tool lets you combine icon webfonts for your own project. With fontello you can:
- shrink glyph collections, minimizing font size
- merge symbols from several fonts into a single file
- access large sets of professional-grade open source icons
Now it's trivial to make a custom icon webfont, exactly for your needs. First, select the icons you like. Then update glyph codes (optional), and download your webfont bundle. We generate everything you need, ready for publishing on your website!
- Desktop is fully supported. IE6-7 requires alternate CSS.
- Mobiles - all modern systems work without problems. There are limits on very old androids and rare browsers. Also, Windows Mobile IE9 sucks, as IE usually does :) . See details.
Fontello allows easy scripting, to implement different convenient features:
- Open site from command line, with your configuration, and import edited project
- Makefile example. That's a live working code, used for development of fontello itself.
- Writing website plugins, to import/export icons via admin panel.
When more examples available, those will be added here.
POST http://fontello.com/creates a session with your config and return you
session_id. You can use it later to open fontello with you configuration and to automatically download your font. Session is stored for 24h. POST params (form-encoded):
config- (Required) content of
config.jsonfor your font
url- (Optional) if used, download button will link to your admin panel, where you can run importing script.
http://fontello.com/[session_id]- opening fontello with your config preloaded. When you edit font, your config is automatically sent to server
http://fontello.com/[session_id]/get- download your font.
Note. When you open site via API url,
download button will have another text.
- Makefile - quick load iconic font from your project via CLI & save result back.
- fontello-cli - the same, as above,
but written in
node.js. If you don't like
fontello-cliis for you :)
- fontello_rails_converter - Ruby CLI gem for interacting with the API. Additional features (Sass conversion) for Rails integration, but should work for every project.
- grunt-fontello - lightweight integration with grunt
- Questions: Google group
- Bug reports: Issue tracker
- Suggestion for adding your OFL fonts or other collaborations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roman Shmelev (shmelev)
- Vitaly Puzrin (puzrin). Follow on twitter.
- Aleksey Zapparov (ixti). Follow on twitter.
- Evgeny Shkuropat (shkuropat).
- Vladimir Zapparov (dervus).
Thanks to Hermanto Lim for the image.
Fontello's code (all files, except fonts) is distributed under MIT license. See LICENSE file for details.
Embedded fonts are distributed under their primary licenses (SIL OFL / CC BY / CC BY-SA). See fonts info on fontello website for credits & links to homepages. This info is also included in generated font archives for your convenience (see LICENSE.txt file).
Generated fonts are intended for web usage, and should not be considered/distributed as independent artwork. Consider fontello a "font archiver" and credit original font creators according to their respective license.
Crediting fontello is not required :)