KDE KWin scipt to provide generic Quake-style terminal support for any app.
Currently, the script is hard-coded for the Terminator app, but any app can be specified in content/code/main.js. Once Shimmer is installed the key binding can be changed in the Global Shortcuts, KWin section. Look for "Quake-style app expose".
- git clone https://github.com/fooblahblah/shimmer.git
- cd shimmer
- plasmapkg --type kwinscript -i .
- Settings, Window Behavior, KWin Scripts. Ensure "Shimmer" is enabled.
- Logout and login to KDE
- Minimize app on startup (optional I guess)
- Add configuration someplace