Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 36 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
[RC Feedback] Feedback on the 1.3.11rc3 Release Candidate #3120
Please provide general feedback on your experience with the 1.3.11rc3 Release Candidate here. An "All is working fine" is valuable feedback as well, because it tells me that people in fact are testing the RC and just not finding any problems. Thanks :)
If you run into any obvious bugs not yet listed below the following line, please open a new ticket and follow "How to file a bug report".
Currently known issues
Unreproduced and information for further analysis missing
referenced this issue
Apr 11, 2019
I have two OctoPi systems, a Pi 3B connected to my LulzBot TAZ 6 using OctoPi 0.14.0 and a Pi 3B+ running OctoPi 0.15.1 which just today got a virtual printer. Both systems were running 1.3.11rc2 and got the announcement for 1.3.11rc3.
The OctoPi 0.15.1 system also got the software upgrade popup (or whatever its called) and successfully upgraded to 1.3.11rc3.
The OctoPi 0.14.0 system did NOT get the software upgrade popup. I've tried restarting OctoPrint and reboot system but neither offers the upgrade. This system was upgraded from 1.13.10 to 1.13.11rc1, then rc2, then back to 1.13.10, then upgraded to 1.13.11rc2.
Suggestions for how to get it back into a state where the updates will be offered automagically are welcome!
[EDIT]: clarifying results (yay)
Short update (after I finally get around into maintenance again after an awesome 3D Meetup Sweden): It looks like we'll need another RC due to what looks like a deadlock when cancelling SD prints, see #3125. I'm trying to understand the scenario under which the deadlock can happen and how to prevent it. Will be a bit before a new RC.
I'm having an issue that I thought was related to my plugin, but I've verified that it occurs even with Octolapse disabled. When I open the settings (wrench/spanner icon) the height of the modal body appears to be way too small. This only seems to occur when I run the application from my development environment. It does not happen when I load OctoPrint from my pi.
Here is a screencap of what I'm seeing:
If I zoom in so that the extents of the modal window extend to the edge of the browser, then the settings re-adjust and fill the browser window height:
I looked around in the CSS and noticed that if I change the following css:
then it works as expected. It's also worth pointing out that this issue exists even if I disable themeify. Also, if I use
About 170+ hours of printing with RC3, So far the only trouble I have seen with it so far is that I am being throttled with this release where as I was not in RC2 or RC1. throttled=0x20000 Error. It hasn't caused any issues other then some basic lag with file transfers. Once rebooted the error goes away but returns after a day printing or being idle. Not sure if its RC3 specific or if its just time for a clean image after 10+ released / versions on this SD Card.
Average temp during or when Idle is 50-52c. CPU and Memory usage all seem well within normal levels idle and while in use.
Side Note may need a plugin update after the stable has been released: OctoPod seems to be having a Connection error with this release: Connection Error Details: The Operation couldn't Be completed. (StarScream.WSError error1.) http based authentication. Worked before RC3.
@evanquinnalaska hm... 0x20000 indicates a past overheat issue. I'm not sure how any of the changes in RC3 compared to RC2 could cause the CPU to run hotter during bootup or something, and that's the only things that could happen here from OctoPrint's side, since I only use the
I have no insight into OctoPod so can't say what's needed here. Isn't that also more of a third party client rather than a plugin?
The possible deadlock issue tracked in #3125 is something I still haven't been able to reproduce locally, excessive code analysis also hasn't unearthed anything and it doesn't occur for the OP anymore under safe mode. So I'm going to make a jump here and decide that we'll move forward with 1.3.11.
I'll make some final tests and look into releasing stable 1.3.11 this week.