Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
⚠️ Important note on release candidates
This is a Release Candidate of OctoPrint. It is not a stable release: severe bugs can occur, and they can be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should be comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
Feedback on this RC
Please provide general feedback on this RC in this ticket. An "All is working fine" is valuable feedback as well because it tells me people are actually testing this RC and just not finding problems with it.
If you run into any obvious bugs, please follow "How to file a bug report" - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn't work.
- Anonymous Usage Tracking: Added elapsed time & reason of print failure to tracking (to be able to distinguish cancelled from errored out prints)
- Anonymous Usage Tracking: Added undervoltage/overheat detection on Pis to tracking (to correlate print failures to power issues, see also #2878).
- Printer Safety Plugin: Added Ender 3 stock firmware to detection
- Added documentation for
- #2872 - Fix Timeout when connecting to printer that doesn't send
- #2873 - Fix GCODE viewer no longer being able to load files.
- #2876 - Fix semi functional UI when access control is disabled
- #2879 - Fix favicon in Firefox
- Anonymous Usage Tracking: More error resilience for the wizard to possibly work around issues observed with the first RC (for which sadly no information was provided to reproduce and analyse).
- Softwareupdate: More resilience against invalid data in config
The following issues were reported in RC1 but so far have been unreproduced and further data to analyse them is still missing. If you encounter any of them please report back with a fully filled out issue template:
Special thanks to all the contributors!
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate, especially @tedder for his PR.