Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
⚠️ Important note on release candidates
This is a Release Candidate of OctoPrint. It is not a stable release: severe bugs can occur, and they can be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should be comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
Feedback on this RC
Please provide general feedback on this RC in this ticket. An "All is working fine" is valuable feedback as well because it tells me people are actually testing this RC and just not finding problems with it.
If you run into any obvious bugs, please follow "How to file a bug report" - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn't work.
- More resilience against third party plugins that happily block or kill important startup threads
- Improved backwards compatibility of the
sargedependency by monkey patching it to support the old
asynckeyword parameter. Plugin authors are still advised to switch to the new
async_parameter if running against
sarge>=0.1.5, unmodified plugins should continue to work now however. For reference, OctoPrint 1.3.10 requires
- Pi Support plugin: Better wording on the "undervoltage & overheat" popover & added a link to the FAQ entry
- Printer Safety plugin: Micro3D printers running stock or iMe firmware are now detected as unsafe
- #2897 - Improved error resilience of
is_lan_addressso an error during its execution no longer nukes requests
- #2898 - ForceLogin plugin no longer interferes with websocket messages sent by plugins right on UI load but instead puts them into a (limited) backlog and then sends them out in received order once the user has authenticated on the socket.
- #2903 - Backup plugin: Support for ZIP64 extensions for large zip files
- #2903 - Backup plugin: Better error reporting
- #2908 - Tracking: Use the file's
pathinstead of just the
namefor file name hashing.
- Logout socket on UI logout
- Tracking: Fixed homepage link
The following issues were reported in RC1 or RC2 but so far have been unreproduced and further data to analyse them is still missing. If you encounter any of them please report back with a fully filled out issue template:
Special thanks to all the contributors!
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate and provided full, analysable bug reports.