⚠️ Important note on release candidates
This is a Release Candidate of OctoPrint. It is not a stable release: severe bugs can occur, and they can be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should be comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
Feedback on this RC
Please provide general feedback on this RC in this ticket. An "All is working fine" is valuable feedback as well because it tells me people are actually testing this RC and just not finding problems with it.
If you run into any obvious bugs, please follow "How to file a bug report" - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn't work.
- More resilience against broken configurations.
- More resilience against platform startup issues during environment detection.
- Error Tracking: Severely restrict what gets tracked:
- we are only interested in handled core exceptions or unhandled exceptions
- we are not interested at all in
- #3088 (regression) - Fix 500 error on index rendering in case of plugins that use unicode in plugin vars.
- #3089 (regression) - Fix missing
- #3090 (regression) - Fix missing method causing an exception on
- #3091 (regression) - Printer Safety Check: Fix unicode errors in certain communication scenarios.
- #3092 - Fix invalid tool parameter detection on
- #3098 - Backup: Exclude temporary timelapse files as well if timelapses are excluded from backup.
- Fix missing default value for
self._errorValuein comm layer.
- Don't read return code on async system commands, it won't work.
The following issues were reported in RC1 but so far have been unreproduced and further data to analyse them is still missing. If you encounter any of them please report back with a fully filled out issue template:
Special thanks to all the contributors!
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate and provided full, analysable bug reports.