⚠️ Important note on release candidates
This is a Release Candidate of OctoPrint. It is not a stable release: severe bugs can occur, and they can be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should be comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
Feedback on this RC
Please provide general feedback on this RC in this ticket. An "All is working fine" is valuable feedback as well because it tells me people are actually testing this RC and just not finding problems with it.
If you run into any obvious bugs, please follow "How to file a bug report" - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn't work.
- Don't confuse users with current
pip's "Python 2.7 is EOL" messages
- Define empty
UI_API_KEYfor backwards compatibility with third party plugins
- Add config flag
server.ignoredIncompleteStartupto override incomplete startup detection
- Hardening against errors triggered during print time estimation
- Introduce setting to disable exclusive claim on serial port. There might be issues with this out there in the field, so having the option to disable it is a good thing.
- Error Tracking: Further restriction of what gets tracked
- #3105 (regression) - Virtual printer: Fix an encoding issue
- #3108 (regression) - Fix bug in port detection
- #3111 (regression) - Refresh port list after disconnect to detect vanishing ports
- #3115 (regression) - Fix extra newlines in
serial.logand empty lines on terminal
- #3116 - Fix potential division by zero
- Fix wrong textual representation of
- Fix some potential encoding errors in the comm layer
- Fix for the file list in the UI not getting refreshed after an SD list refresh from the printer.
The following issues were reported in RC1 or RC2 but so far have been unreproduced and further data to analyse them is still missing. If you encounter any of them please report back with a fully filled out issue template:
Special thanks to all the contributors!
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate and provided full, analyzable bug reports.