⚠️ Important note on release candidates
This is a Release Candidate of OctoPrint. It is not a stable release: severe bugs can occur, and they can be bad enough that they make a manual downgrade to an earlier version necessary - maybe even from the command line.
You should be comfortable with and capable of possibly having to do this before installing an RC.
Feedback on this RC
Please provide general feedback on this RC in this ticket. An "All is working fine" is valuable feedback as well because it tells me people are actually testing this RC and just not finding problems with it.
If you run into any obvious bugs, please follow "How to file a bug report" - I need logs and reproduction steps to fix issues, not just the information that something doesn't work.
- #3367 - Ensure that static CSS and JS files always get the correct MIME Type associated, to work around issues when installed under Windows 10 with invalid entries in the registry triggering strict MIME checking
- #3381 - Continue to support request parameters on the
/api/loginendpoint for now for backwards compatibility with API clients that still use things like
/api/login?passive=true, e.g. older versions of Printoid
- Remove a left-over comment from the Python 3 migration
- #3365 (regression) - Fix permissions of global API key
- #3366 (regression) - Appkeys: Fix issue causing 500/internal server error
- #3370 (regression) - Fix issue causing lost session in case of a client IP change
- #3371 - Python 3: Fix calculation of
rolling_windowin print time estimator
- #3375 - Fix
- #3384 - Python 3: Fix login using HTTP Basic Auth
- #3385 - Python 3: Fix serial port auto detection
- #3388 - Granular permission system: Fix extruder controls being visible without control permission
- Fix a unicode issue under Windows (regression)
Special thanks to all the contributors!
Special thanks to everyone who contributed to this release candidate and provided full, analyzable bug reports!