Evolution is the Key
- Java JDK 1.6+ (Oracle or OpenJDK)
- Apache ant
There are several targets:
- compile: run javac on the source files; output is in
- jar (default): bundle all the built files into
- dist: create the
dist/directory with platform-independent files for distribution
- fatjar-windows: create
dist/EvolutionIsTheKey.jarwith Windows natives, ready to run
- fatjar-mac: create
dist/EvolutionIsTheKey.jarwith macOS natives, ready to run
- fatjar-linux: create
dist/EvolutionIsTheKey.jarwith Linux natives, ready to run
- dist-zip: zip the contents of
- clean: remove all artifacts
Build one of the fatjar-* targets, then navigate into
dist/ and run
java -jar EvolutionIsTheKey.jar. Depending on your platform, you may be able
EvolutionIsTheKey.jar to launch.
Build a fatjar-* target, then build dist-zip to create
This source is v1. The released game is v4.Based on my adventures decompiling my submission, it looks like this is the v4 source after all.
- The code is a mess because I only had 72 hours.
- Sound works inconsistently across platforms (thanks Java). Support looks
better now than it did five years ago, though, so you may be lucky.
- That said, there's no easy way to compile without sounds.
data/ was made by me and is under the MIT license
This game uses the Leightweight Java Game Library, see
lwjgl-2.9.3/doc/LICENSE. You can find LWJGL builds
JarSplicePlus is used for fat jar packaging and distribution. It has its own
license included as
JARSPLICEPLUS-LICENSE. You can find JarSplicePlus