Linux userspace library for monitor control via DDC/CI & VCP codes.
Many parts are adapted from ddccontrol.
This library only supports use of the i2c devices exposed by graphics cards, and doesn't try to do any of the pci direct memory access that ddccontrol uses.
cmake . make
- support issuing commands to benq z-series monitors
- create linux benq strobe utility
- use polkit to gain access to i2c devices instead of requiring
sudo chmod a+rw /dev/i2c-*
- support controls covered by ddccontrol, hopefully with autodetection
- probably update/fork ddccontrol to use this library
- python & nodejs/iojs bindings
- cross platform
Doesn't work on Nvidia cards?
Add to xorg.conf or xorg.conf.d:
Section "Device" Identifier "Device0" Driver "nvidia" Option "RegistryDwords" "RMUseSwI2c=0x01; RMI2cSpeed=100" EndSection
require i2ctools svn version use include/i2c/smbus.h