melomel.rb -- A Ruby interface to Melomel
Melomel.rb is a library that allows Ruby to communicate with an application running within the Flash virtual machine. For more information on Melomel, visit the GitHub Wiki.
To install Melomel.rb simply use RubyGems:
$ [sudo] gem install melomel
Melomel needs to be embedded and running in the application you're trying to connect to. Please see the Melomel repository for instructions on installation.
To get started with working with the source, start by running Bundler to get all your dependencies:
[sudo] bundle install
If you are adding new features, please add test coverage to all code that you
write. First compile the Flex application and then run the test suite with
ant rake test
If you'd like to contribute to Melomel.rb, please fork the repo on GitHub:
To get all of the dependencies, install the gem first. The best way to get your changes merged back into core is as follows:
- Clone your fork locally
- Create a named topic branch to contain your change
- All code must have RSpec test coverage. Run
raketo ensure everything passes.
- If you are adding new functionality, document it in the README
- If necessary, rebase your commits into logical chunks, without errors
- Push the branch up to GitHub
- Send me a pull request for your branch