Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- actually it is only at the early stages, it may be used to convert:
- .sdc spreadsheet's files but it still ignores any macros, any embedded charts,
- .sda/sdg graphic's files,
- .sdd files created by StarImpress,
- .sdw files, retrieve the page's formatting and some attachments, ...
- a online converter(which is better) can be find at http://oooconv.free.fr/oooconv/oooconv_en.html.
How to use as an end-user:
This project produces a library (for programmers) and a console-based document converter, so most people should wait a while until libstaroffice is integrated into a word processor, such as LibreOffice. However, brave or impatient souls can check out git, compile it, and use the sdw2html or sd2odf program.
- .sda v3-v5 files: try to retrieve the different shapes, graphics, ...
- .sdc v3-v5 files: try only to retrieve the sheets' main content and graphics
- the cells' text, value and formula with their formatting,
- the column widths and the row heights,
- the sheets' names,
- the cells' comments,
- the header/footer contents,
- some embedded graphic and small text zone
- .sdd v3-v5 files: try to retrieve the different shapes, graphics, ... but not the animation
- .sdw v3-v5 files: try only to retrieve the main text zone, i.e.
- the page formatting, the header/footer
- the main text zone
- the tables,
- the annotations, the fields, the lists, the outlines (but not their formatting), ...
- some pictures, ... are retrieved but there positions, sizes can be still bad.