Open Event Organizer iOS App
Event management app for organizers using Open Event Platform
Make the app functionality and UI/UX similar to the Android app for Open Event Organizer.
Please join our mailing list to discuss questions regarding the project: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/open-event
Our chat channel is on gitter here: https://gitter.im/fossasia/open-event-ios
A native iOS app.
The following account can be used for testing and development purposes:
This project is written in Swift 4.2 and Xcode 10 is required for development.
Before you begin, you should already have the Xcode downloaded and set up correctly. You can find a guide on how to do this here: Setting up Xcode
Steps to install Cocoapods (one time installation)
sudo gem install cocoapodsto install the latest version of cocoapods. To install cocoapods from HomeBrew,
brew install cocoapods.
pod setupfor setting up cocoapods master repo. You may include
--verbosefor more descriptive logs. NOTE: This might take a while to setup depending on your network speed.
Setting up the iOS Project
- Download the open-event-orga-iOS project source. You can do this either by forking and cloning the repository (recommended if you plan on pushing changes) or by downloading it as a ZIP file and extracting it. OR
$ git clone https://github.com/fossasia/open-event-orga-iOS.git
Navigate to the unzipped folder and run
EventyayOrganizer.xcworkspacefrom the folder.
Build the project (⌘+B) and check for any errors.
Run the app (⌘+R).and test it.
Note: For the initialization period all commits go directly to the master branch. In the next stages we follow the branch policy as below:
We have the following branches
- ipa All the automatic builds generates, i.e., the ipas go into this branch
- master This contains shipped code. After significant features/bugfixes are accumulated on development, we make a version update, and make a release.
- development All development goes on in this branch. If you're making a contribution, you are supposed to make a pull request to development.
Please help us follow the best practice to make it easy for the reviewer as well as the contributor. We want to focus on the code quality more than on managing pull request ethics.
- Single commit per pull request
- For writing commit messages please read the COMMITSTYLE carefully. Kindly adhere to the guidelines.
- Follow uniform design practices. The design language must be consistent throughout the app.
- The pull request will not get merged until and unless the commits are squashed. In case there are multiple commits on the PR, the commit author needs to squash them and not the maintainers cherrypicking and merging squashes.
- If the PR is related to any front end change, please attach relevant screenshots in the pull request description.
- Please follow the guides and code standards: Swift Style Guide
- Please follow the good iOS development practices: iOS Good Practices
- For contributors new to Git please have a look at the Git Configuration commands .
This project is currently licensed under the
Apache License Version 2.0. A copy of LICENSE should be present along with the source code. To obtain the software under a different license, please contact FOSSASIA.