UNDER DEVELOPMENT - Feel free to look & help out! Basics work - at least I think it does :)
Browse your cover-art albums in Rhythmbox
GTK3 port of code.google.com/p/rhythmbox-cover-art-browser
How it works:
- Click the toolbar button
- Albums are displayed as clickable buttons containing their album cover
- Double-click the cover to play the album.
How to install:
- install git N.B. for debian - sudo apt-get install git
- git clone https://github.com/fossfreedom/coverart-browser.git
- cd coverart-browser
- sh ./install.sh
- this will be a port of the GUI cover-art browser capability.
- Drag-drop, cover-search and right-click copy is unlikely to be ported
- Consider when double clicking the album whether to create a playlist to play the album from or like currently just to wipe the Queue and add the tracks from the album
- May be add a right click option to queue or create a playlist the album
- Maybe hover over the album to display important facts - number of tracks, duration etc. Have a look how clementine/banshee handles this
- Possible right click and display all tracks in a submenu to allow you to play a given track.
- Possible right click and add the same "shuffle" mechanism you get in the main menu.
Other random stuff.
- Integration with other plugins - e.g. WebMenu via right-click - should be useful
- If the destination drop is enabled for the buttons then maybe possible to drop from file-manager a JPG to update the cover
- May be allow multi-select of buttons, right click and add selected albums to the queue/playlist