Browse your coverart albums in Rhythmbox v2.96 - Rhythmbox v2.98
Summary: whats new in this release
- Export whole albums and embed coverart in the album tracks so that (where required) phones/tablets can display coverart correctly
- Drag & Drop CoverArt icons onto playlists and sources (such as a phone) so that all tracks for an album are added
note - remember to use the Portable Players - Ipod and/or Portable Players - MTP plugin if your phone requires these to sync music
- separated coverart search into separate plugin (this is now a prerequisite) - https://github.com/fossfreedom/coverart-search-providers
- New light & dark theme buttons to complement light & dark desktop themes
- optional flat-button toolbar style
- revised popup menu style genre & playlist windows when number of entries would exceed the desktop height
- Use album and album-artist sort order tags for sorting if these values are utilised
- Play from Cover-view and Track view instead of queuing & playing
- Allow user-defined genre names to be created mapped against default system genre icons
- Allow user-defined genre icons to be displayed. These can override system genre icons if required
Support for other plugins via right-click menu options in a similar manner as the Library Browser -
OpenContainingFolder, SendFirst, Send Track, LastFMExtension - Fingerprinter, FileOrganizer, lLyrics, WikipediaSearch
N.B. if NOT using my PPA then ensure you have the very latest version of the plugins installed.
for developers - doxygen documentation: http://fossfreedom.github.io/coverart-browser/classes.html
How it works:
- Click the new CoverArt source button (left hand side of screen)
- Albums are displayed as clickable buttons containing their album cover
Right click menu option to play, queue & search for coverart for an album.
How to install:
for debian & debian-based distros such as Ubuntu & Mint
sudo apt-get install git gettext python-mako python-lxml
for fedora and similar:
yum install git gettext python-mako python-lxml
sudo zypper in git gettext-runtime python-mako python-lxml
Then install the plugin:
rm -rf ~/.local/share/rhythmbox/plugins/coverart_browser git clone https://github.com/fossfreedom/coverart-browser.git cd coverart-browser sh ./install.sh
Note 1 - the CoverArt Browser plugin also requires installing the following plugin:
Note 2 - Due to upstream changes this plugin does NOT work with rhythmbox 2.99. Patches are most welcome to support this version of rhythmbox.
For Ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10:
This is now available in my rhythmbox PPA - installation instructions in this AskUbuntu Q&A:
Note - installing the package
rhythmbox-plugin-coverart-browser will also install
Please help out with translating
We need you to help us translate the english text to your native language.
Don't worry - it is easier that you think. Just visit:
Remember to set your preferred language and then just submit your translation.
- thanks to Luqman Aden email@example.com for the coverart-search plugin which our cover-search pane is based upon
- thanks to Canonical for the Star widget which the ratings capabilities use
- our Translators: Launchpad Translation team - individual credits for each locale is shown in the plugin preferences dialog
- Button Icons - jrbastien for the three toolbar icon-sets (standard, light & dark)
Chief Tester and all-round good egg - jrbastien!
This plugin code is released under the GPL3+ license.
All translations are released under the BSD license
Music Genre Icons by Meghn Lofing is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Contrast of the iconset has been altered as agreed by the author. Thanks Meghn!
GTK3 port of code.google.com/p/rhythmbox-cover-art-browser