Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Things You Will Need
|1||1 vial of Arsenic Reagent A||
|2||1 vial of Arsenic Reagent B||
|3||1 vial of Arsenic Reagent C||
|4||A dropper bottle of acid||
|5||A dropper bottle of ammonia||
|6||A dropper bottle of Calcium Chloride||
|7||A container of Calcium Carbonate||
|8||A Cuvette and pipe|
|9||A smartphone with the ffem apps installed, and an alignment sticker|
|10||A 50 ml measuring tube|
|11||A 10 ml measuring tube|
|12||Whatman filter/Glass fiber filter|
|13||A sample of water to test|
- Open the ffem Collect app, and select "Fill Blank Form". Select the form you need to fill out.
- Answer all the questions in the form, swiping left to go to the next questions. When you reach the water quality questions, launch the test for Arsenic
- Rinse the empty cuvette and measuring tube twice with the sample to remove any traces of previous solutions. Measure 50 ml of the sample with the measuring tube.
- Open the dropper bottle of acid and add one drop to the solution. Add one drop of ammonia as well from the dropper bottle. Close the lid of the measuring tube and shake it to ensure proper mixing of the reagent and sample.
- Add one spoon of Calcium Carbonate to the solution. Add 10 drops of Calcium Chloride to the solution. Close the lid of the measuring tube and shake it to ensure proper mixing. If there is iron, the solution will turn yellowish.
- Fold the filter paper as shown and place it in the funnel as shown. Filter the solution through the filter paper, into the 10ml measuring cylinder.
- Add 1 vial each of Arsenic reagent A, B and C to the measured solution. Close the lid of the measuring tube and shake it to ensure proper mixing of the reagent and sample.
- Pour the contents of the mixing tube into the provided cuvette. Close the lid and fit the cuvette into the pipe.
- Launch the test on the app selecting "No Dilution" on the next screen.
- Place the phone face down, and use the sticker to help center the cuvette over the camera. Wait for 10 minutes for the test to complete - you will hear 6 beeps and a "Test Completion" sound.
- You should receive a contaminant concentration value in ppm. Tap Accept Result to return to the survey.
- Empty the contents of the cuvette and rinse it once.
- Complete the rest of the survey, and submit it once you have filled in all the forms.