Things You Will Need
1 Dropper Bottle of Sulphur Reagent A
1 bottle of Sulphur Reagent B with a measuring spoon
A smartphone with the ffem Collect and ffem Soil apps installed, and an alignment sticker around the camera
A Cuvette and pipe
A 10 ml measuring tube
A sample of soil extract to test
Note: Before testing, you must have a solution of soil extract. refer to the link for instructions on how to prepare it.
- Open the ffem Collect app, and select "Fill Blank Form". Select the form you need to fill out.
- Answer all the questions in the form, swiping left to go to the next questions. When you reach the soil quality questions, launch the test for Available Sulphur
- Rinse the empty cuvette and measuring tube twice with the sample to remove any traces of previous solutions.
- Take 10 ml of of the extracted soil sample, and add it to the measuring tube.
- Add 15 drops of Reagent A and 1 full spoon of Reagent B to the measuring tube. Close the lid and shake the tube for a minute to help the reaction.
- Pour the solution from the mixing tube into the provided cuvette. Close the lid and fit the cuvette into the pipe.
- Launch the test on the app selecting "No Dilution" on the next screen.
- Place the phone face down, and use the sticker to help center the cuvette over the camera. Wait for about 10 minutes for the test to complete - you will hear 6 beeps and a "Test Completion" sound.
- You should receive a contaminant concentration value in %. Tap Accept Result to return to the survey.
- Empty the contents of the cuvette and rinse it once.
- Complete the rest of the survey, and submit it once you have filled in all the forms.