Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Things You Will Need
1 tablet each of Nitrogen Reagent A and B
A smartphone with the ffem Collect and ffem Soil apps installed, and an alignment sticker around the camera
A Cuvette and pipe
A 10 ml measuring tube
A sample of soil extract to test
Note: Before testing, you must have a solution of soil extract. refer to the link for instructions on how to prepare it.
- Open the ffem Collect app, and select "Fill Blank Form". Select the form you need to fill out.
- Answer all the questions in the form, swiping left to go to the next questions. When you reach the Soil quality questions, launch the test for Nitrogen
- Rinse the empty cuvette and measuring tube twice with the sample to remove any traces of previous solutions.
- Measure 10 ml of the sample with the measuring tube.
- Add one tablet each of reagent A and B into the measuring tube. Close the lid and shake it to ensure proper mixing of the reagent and sample.
6. Pour the contents of the mixing tube into the provided cuvette. Close the lid and fit the cuvette into the pipe.
- Launch the test on the app selecting "No Dilution" on the next screen.
- Place the phone face down, and use the sticker to help center the cuvette over the camera. Wait for 6 minutes for the test to complete - you will hear 6 beeps and a "Test Completion" sound.
9. You should receive a contaminant concentration value in ppm. Tap Accept Result to return to the survey.
- Empty the contents of the cuvette and rinse it once.
- Complete the rest of the survey, and submit it once you have filled in all the forms.