Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Before testing with FFEM Water or soil, it is necessary to make sure that you are placing the test chamber in a consistent manner, or the phone will not be able to give accurate results. The phone preparation step ensures that you are placing the test chamber in a consistent manner
Things You Will Need
- A smartphone.
- Alignment stickers 1 and 2* (refer to the note at the bottom of the page)
Some phones (eg; Samsung On5) have a camera - flash distance that is wider than normal. For these phones, an alternate version of alignment sticker #1 is used, with the hole slightly off-centre, as shown below.
- Light proof pipe (supplied with the base kit)
- Determine which type of alignment sticker you need on your phone. To do this, roughly centre the light proof pipe over the camera of your phone. If the flash fits within the pipes' inner radius, use the standard alignment sticker. If the flash lies outside the inner pipes radius, use the alternate alignment sticker
- Peel alignment sticker #1 and place it over the phone camera so the central hole aligns perfectly with the camera lens.
- Peel alignment sticker #2 and place it so that the inner edge perfectly aligns with the outer edge of alignment sticker #1
- Peel out alignment sticker #1. Your phone is now ready for calibration and testing.
- Your phone is now ready for calibration and testing.