Things You Will Need
|1||1 bottle of Arsenic Reagent A||
|2||1 bottle of Arsenic Reagent B||
|3||1 bottle of Arsenic Reagent C||
|4||1 Arsenic test strip||
|5||A Cuvette and pipe|
|6||A smartphone with the ffem apps installed, and an alignment sticker|
|7||A 10 ml measuring tube|
|8||A sample of water to test|
- Open the ffem Collect app, and select "Fill Blank Form". Select the form you need to fill out.
- Answer all the questions in the form, swiping left to go to the next questions. When you reach the water quality questions, launch the test for Arsenic
- Rinse the empty cuvette and measuring tube twice with the sample to remove any traces of previous solutions. Measure 5 ml of the sample with the measuring tube.
- Pour the sample into the cuvette. using the provided spoon, add two spoons of reagent 1, 1 spoon of reagent 2 and 6 spoons of reagent 3. Gently swirl the solution to speed up the reaction, without letting anything spil.
- Screw the lid of the cuvette. Using the provided tweezer, place the arsenic strip over the hole of the cap.Quickly place the cover over the strip.
- Leave the sample to sit for 5 minutes. The reaction will proceed, releasing a gas that will create a color on the test strip. Once 5 minutes have passed, unscrew the lid of the cuvette (without removing the pipe and strip).
- Launch the test from the ffem water app, and place your phone face down. Use the alignment sticker to help center the pipe+cap+test strip combo over the phone camera. Wait for a minute for the test to complete - you will hear 6 beeps and a "Test Completion" sound.
- You should receive a contaminant concentration value in ppm. Tap Accept Result to return to the survey.
- Empty the contents of the cuvette and make sure to rinse it properly.
- Complete the rest of the survey, and submit it once you have filled in all the forms.