Everything that really should be in Foundation, but isn't.
Consider FoundationKit Foundation's big brother. We add lots of useful categories, helpers, classes and macros.
FoundationKit is built With ARC for both for iOS 4.0+ and Mac OS 10.6+.
It's still very much work in progress, so don't yet use it in production. If you start a new app today, it's the perfect time to begin with it.
- Classes are prefixed with
- The project is set to use 2 spaces for indents
- ARC only, no explicitly defined
.hfile has only a concise comment header that mentions that this file belongs to
FoundationKitand credits to other 3rd parties if appropriate (see example header below). The
.mfiles don't have a comment header.
- Category file names must be named after the classes that they extend (e.g.
NSArray+FKAdditions). Generic categories that span multiple classes are not allowed!
NSAssertmacros to ensure program exit.
- For all other guidelines have a look at the
Example Header Comment
// Part of FoundationKit http://foundationk.it // // Derived from [Author] [License Type]-licensed [Project Name]: [URL]
- If you get "Protocol *" errors when compiling, you are using 10.6 SDK - for FoundationKit, you need 10.7.