This will provide you with a starting Drupal project that is managed with Composer. The install will include a small set of contrib modules, a starting custom module for specific for the build, and a custom starting theme generated from Emulsify.
Without these you will have difficulty installing this project.
Use this command below and replace
PROJECT_NAME with your chosen project name.
composer create-project fourkitchens/sous-drupal-project [PROJECT_NAME] --no-interaction cd [PROJECT_NAME] lando start
Tweak & Install project
Boot local environment and install
- Follow URL once environment is booted and proceed with Drupal Install
Create config directories and set path in settings.php
- Recommendation is to create a config directory at the root level
- Edit the
$settings['config_sync_directory']line that was generated in settings.php
- Remove the commented block at the EOF
- Review ignored items you may need for your build and remove them
Working with Emulsify
The Emulsify theme is installed as part of this project.
This package provides some additional tooling to support the build.
To use the helper script provided you will need to have
npm installed. Then just run
npm run <command>. For example:
npm run import-data. These commands are bash scripts located in the
./scripts/sous directory and defined in
Configuration management scripts
npm run confex
Export active configuration to the config directory.
npm run confim
Import the configuration to the database.
npm run import-data
Import a copy of the canonical database backup into your local instance. This assumes the database backup is located in
npm run local-data-bak
Create a local database backup. Saves the backup to the
npm run rebuild
Rebuild a fresh local instance of your site. Imports the canonical database backup and imports configuration into it.
- This repo has the following named/maintenance branches:
master x.x x.x.x
- These branches are protected on GitHub
- A personal access token was created for CircleCI.
- CircleCI was setup to run on this project and tag the releases
- Commit changes following the Conventional commit guidelines
- Push your change up and verify CircleCI passes and has run on your desired branch.
- Your branch must be a named stable release branch in order to get a tag.
- Prereleases are not supported with this package because they contain a dot.
The composer command above can be adjusted to account for a new branch you're working on.
composer create-project fourkitchens/sous-drupal-project:dev-[branch-name] PROJECT_NAME --no-interaction
Contributing without create-project or creating a project with a custom theme
- Clone this repository
- Checkout the 4.x-beta branch (if it hasn't been released yet)
composer install(you must have greater than PHP 7.4 installed locally)
npm ci(at the project root)
npx emulsify init theme-name(change theme-name to your theme name)
- Change the name of the lando project if you haven't already
- Go to the install page in your browser and install your Drupal site
lando drush user:unblock superuser_1(if you want to use drush uli)
- Go forth and contribute!