"Vidya Intarweb Playlist" HTML5 Player
This is an HTML5-based replacement player for the VIP. I created it because the original player for the VIP is Flash-based. Since Flash is outdated and insecure, I decided to hack together a new player. Now the "Vidya Intarweb Playlist" is accessible on all my devices.
I cloned the aesthetic of the original VIP player, so everything looks and feels the same. There are a few differences and improvements.
- The context menu has been replaced by a small credits box in the lower right corner, to properly credit Cats777 and link back to Aersia.
- Optimizing style and behavior of volume controls
- Next Track button goes to a random track, instead of next in the playlist.
- Previous Track button goes to the track previously played, instead of the previous in the playlist.
- Playlist Selection dropdown. Easily switch between the different VIP playlists (VIP, Mellow, Source, Exiled, WAP, CPP).
This player should be compatible with all modern devices and browsers that support HTML5 and M4A (AAC) audio files. If you run into any bugs, let me know!
I have tested the current version on Firefox (Ubuntu), iPhone 5, and iPad 3. On the latter two, the playlist doesn't play automatically the first time; just tap a track to begin. Also, on the iPhone the player controls are incredibly tiny. Both bugs will be fixed.