S9 Input Method for Android#
S9 is an Android input method that utilizes swipe motions to distinguish different characters on a single key.
State of Project
I (Gilbert) have decided to stop working on this for a variety of reasons. I thought someone would be interested in picking it up or forking it, so I put it on GitHub.
If you want to play around with it (it's still WIP), download S9.apk from repo and do the following:
- Install ASTRO file manager from market
- Goto settings -> applications -> check "unknown sources"
- Transfer attached .apk to SD card.
- Open ASTRO manager, find S9.apk, open it with app manager, install
- Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> make sure S9 is checked
- Find some input field, long press -> input method -> choose S9
Here are some resources to get started:
gilbert.kf.leung AT gmail.com
See attached MIT's license.