version 0.3.0 - changelog
A project template for building reproducible and portable local Drupal development environments. If you want to learn more about the project, see the resources section below.
- Not Windows
- Ruby >= 1.9.2 (on both host and base box)
- VirtualBox >= 4.1.0
- Vagrant gem >= 1.0.3
- Chef gem >= 0.10.8
- Librarian gem >= 0.0.23
- Ubuntu base box >= 10.04 (default base box already defined)
Start on the host by provisioning and logging into a vm:
host$ git clone git://github.com/xforty/vagrant-drupal.git host$ cd vagrant-drupal host$ vagrant up host$ vagrant ssh
Then build and install a drupal site on the vm:
vm$ drush make --prepare-install /vagrant/example.make /srv/www vm$ cd /srv/www vm$ drush site-install --db-url=mysql://username:password@localhost/drupal
Go to http://localhost:4567 and log in to the drupal site with the credentials specified in the site-install output.
It is common to modify the Vagrantfile to meet project needs. We encourage you to read through the comments in the Vagrantfile as well as the official documentation for other possible configurations.
- xforty-drupal - extendable and overridable drush make files
- Project Wiki - HowTos, FAQs, and advanced usage
- Project Issues - submit bugs, support questions, and feature requests
- Base Boxes - links to resources for finding pre-built boxes or building your own
- Development - details on the project's development workflow
Maintained by xforty technologies