Geo is a geolocation web application. It let users:
- choose among OpenStreetMap, Google Maps, and a hybrid map that is a Google Map with OpenStreetMap tiles placed on it (this feature does not work on Firefox OS at the moment: see issue #7 for details)
- access the address book to show all contacts on the map, look for a contact and insert a address if not provided
This demo is part of the following MDN articles:
- Plotting yourself on the map (MDN App Center) that explains how to use interactive maps in Open Web Apps.
- Updating phone contacts from the web (MDN App Center) that explains how to use the Contacts API in Open Web Apps.
Note that OpenStreetMap data is free for everyone to use, but OpenStreetMap tile servers are not: heavy use of OpenStreetMap tiles is forbidden without prior permission from OpenStreetMap's System Administrators: please read the Tile Usage Policy and this article on blog.openstreetmap.org if you want to distribute an app that gets use of tiles from openstreetmap.org
- open github issues
- fix github issues
- add tests
- better look&feel
- navigator (watchPosition)
- FxOS installer