Thanks to Hiroaki Yasutomo for hosting this event at SHIFTBRAIN Inc. He also organizes these awesome weekly programming meetups: https://www.meetup.com/i-teach-you-programming-so-you-teach-me-english/
Francisco Presencia has done this and similar workshops all around the world following his passion of teaching people. He has made many different projects: https://francisco.io/
Bring your own laptop.
Node.js installed in your system, version 7.6.0 or higher: INSTALLATION GUIDE
- 19:00 Introduction: web, Node.js, websockets, socket.io
- 19:10 Start project: chat, files, etc
- 19:20 Back-end & explanation
- 19:30 Username: cookies.js
- 19:40 Chat room & messages
- 20:00 Questions
- 20:10 Implement features A & B
- 21:00 The End
- [home]: Implement feature C & make a Pull Request to https://github.com/franciscop/tokyochat
Disclaimer: we will be using two open source tools I've made to make it easier to program. There are many open source alternatives.