SilverStripe Holding Page Module
- Frank Mullenger (frankmullenger_AT_gmail(dot)com) My Blog
- SilverStripe 2.4.5
There is a much better module here that does essentially the same thing as this module but much better. Please consider using that module instead.
- Place this directory in the root of your SilverStripe installation, probably best to call the folder 'holdingpage'.
- Visit yoursite.com/dev/build to rebuild the database.
- Create a new HoldingPage in the CMS area of your SilverStripe installation, make sure you publish it.
- Choose a holding page to display in the config area of the CMS (the top item in the Page Tree).
- Visit the frontend of your website, log in as an admin user if you want to bypass the holding page and navigate your website.
###Changing the holding page template If you want to change the template used by the holding page then simply create a HoldingPage.ss file in the templates/ folder of your theme. Flush the cache and the new holding page template should be used. Same principle applies for the Layout/ file. This can be useful to remove navigation elements from the page etc.
If you unpublish a holding page which is currently being used as the holding page for the site (you have that page selected in the config area) then after the page is unpublished it will no longer be set as the holding page for the site.