- Author comments
- Franz Inc. Open Source Info
Allegro NFS Server for Microsoft Windows in Common Lisp
Ahmon Dancy, Franz Inc. Elliott Johnson, Franz Inc. Kevin Layer, Franz Inc.
Allegro® NFS Server for Windows® was inspired by our dissatisfaction with current free and commercial NFS Servers available on the market and the incredible technical difficulties we faced in configuring them on Windows.
Microsoft Windows XP and newer (including Windows 8).
Cygwin (GNU make). Allegro Common Lisp 9.0 (32-bit, non-SMP).
The install step expects that cygwin has C:\ mounted as /c. It is also possible to build an installer via:
This will produce an nsi file that can be used to install.
See the nfs documentation for more information on how to configure nfs.
Once your exports are configured it's possible to mount them. Please consult your platforms documentation on how to mount remote nfs partitions.
Interactive debugging of server:
Then, for debugging:
(debugmain) ;; main.cl
Or, without debugging:
(setf configfile "nfs.cfg") (read-nfs-cfg configfile) (startem)
:cd d:/src/nfs50/ (load "loadem") (setf configfile "nfs.cfg") (read-nfs-cfg configfile) (startem)
(prof:stop-profiler) (defun doit (file) (with-open-file (standard-output file :direction :output :if-exists :supersede) (prof:show-flat-profile) (prof:show-call-graph) #+ignore (prof:disassemble-profile 'excl::g-read-vector-2))) (doit "y:/nfs.82brc5") (doit "y:/nfs.81")
The nfs source code is licensed under the terms of the Lisp Lesser GNU Public License, known as the LLGPL. The LLGPL consists of a preamble and the LGPL. Where these conflict, the preamble takes precedence. This project is referenced in the preamble as the LIBRARY.
See the following files that are part of this project:
- access-control.txt - info on controlling access to the nfs server
- notes.txt - implementation notes
- release-notes.txt - info about past and present nfs releases.
- rfc1014.txt - XDR: External Data Representation Standard.
- rfc1050.txt - rpc: Remote Procedure Call.
- rfc1094.txt - NFS: Network File System Protocol Specification
- rfc1813.txt - nfs version 3 protocol standard.
- rfc1833.txt - Binding Protocols for ONC RPC Version 2
- TODO.txt - old and new todo information.
This project's homepage is https://github.com/franzinc/nfs/.