ERP made simple
Includes: Accounting, Inventory, Manufacturing, CRM, Sales, Purchase, Project Management, HRMS. Requires MariaDB.
The Easy Way: our install script for bench will install all dependencies (e.g. MariaDB). See https://github.com/frappe/bench for more details.
New passwords will be created for the ERPNext "Administrator" user, the MariaDB root user, and the frappe user (the script displays the passwords and saves them to ~/frappe_passwords.txt).
You can download a virtual image to run ERPNext in a virtual machine on your local system.
System and user credentials are listed on the download page.
GNU/General Public License (see license.txt)
The ERPNext code is licensed as GNU General Public License (v3) and the Documentation is licensed as Creative Commons (CC-BY-SA-3.0) and the copyright is owned by Frappe Technologies Pvt Ltd (Frappe) and Contributors.
- Issue Guidelines
- Report Security Vulnerabilities
- Pull Request Requirements
- Chart of Accounts
Logo and Trademark
The brand name ERPNext and the logo are trademarks of Frappe Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Frappe Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (Frappe) owns and oversees the trademarks for the ERPNext name and logos. We have developed this trademark usage policy with the following goals in mind:
- We’d like to make it easy for anyone to use the ERPNext name or logo for community-oriented efforts that help spread and improve ERPNext.
- We’d like to make it clear how ERPNext-related businesses and projects can (and cannot) use the ERPNext name and logo.
- We’d like to make it hard for anyone to use the ERPNext name and logo to unfairly profit from, trick or confuse people who are looking for official ERPNext resources.
Frappe Trademark Usage Policy
Permission from Frappe is required to use the ERPNext name or logo as part of any project, product, service, domain or company name.
We will grant permission to use the ERPNext name and logo for projects that meet the following criteria:
- The primary purpose of your project is to promote the spread and improvement of the ERPNext software.
- Your project is non-commercial in nature (it can make money to cover its costs or contribute to non-profit entities, but it cannot be run as a for-profit project or business). Your project neither promotes nor is associated with entities that currently fail to comply with the GPL license under which ERPNext is distributed.
- If your project meets these criteria, you will be permitted to use the ERPNext name and logo to promote your project in any way you see fit with one exception: Please do not use ERPNext as part of a domain name.
Use of the ERPNext name and logo is additionally allowed in the following situations:
All other ERPNext-related businesses or projects can use the ERPNext name and logo to refer to and explain their services, but they cannot use them as part of a product, project, service, domain, or company name and they cannot use them in any way that suggests an affiliation with or endorsement by ERPNext or Frappe Technologies or the ERPNext open source project. For example, a consulting company can describe its business as “123 Web Services, offering ERPNext consulting for small businesses,” but cannot call its business “The ERPNext Consulting Company.”
Similarly, it’s OK to use the ERPNext logo as part of a page that describes your products or services, but it is not OK to use it as part of your company or product logo or branding itself. Under no circumstances is it permitted to use ERPNext as part of a top-level domain name.
We do not allow the use of the trademark in advertising, including AdSense/AdWords.
Please note that it is not the goal of this policy to limit commercial activity around ERPNext. We encourage ERPNext-based businesses, and we would love to see hundreds of them.
When in doubt about your use of the ERPNext name or logo, please contact Frappe Technologies for clarification.
(inspired by WordPress)